One of the most important things when getting a dog or a cat is to potty train them. This means managing to teach them to pee and poop in a certain place of your house or back yard.
The process of potty training can take quite a while. There are pets that learn faster, others that learn slower. It depends on them and also on your training capabilities. Either way, sooner or later, your pet will learn how to use a litter box or go outside to do his business.
In the unfortunate case in which this happens after quite a lot of time, your house might suffer from this - meaning plenty of wet and smelly carpets and floors.
It might not seem like much in the beginning, but soon it will become too much to bare if you do not start to clean thoroughly after your pet.
If you do not manage to eliminate the odor from the carpet, your pet will think that he should do it again in the same place, or very close to it. Once they pee in the same place a couple of times, it will be almost impossible to take the smell and the stain out.
There are several ways of getting urine smell out of your carpet. Here are some of the most common ones:
1. Using club soda ?sprinkle some club soda on the spot and then dab a sponge on it, without rubbing. Use a paper towel to dab up the soak and then spray some air freshener around the area.
2. Using baking soda and vinegar ? pour a half water and half vinegar solution on the spot and let it soak for about 10 minutes. It is well known that vinegar will work on the ammonia smell of the urine. Dab with a sponge or paper towel. Pour some baking soda on the spot when the vinegar is almost dried and leave it for about 15 minutes. The last step is to vacuum the baking soda form the carpet, and the smell should be gone too.
3. Using detergent and peroxide ? mix a solution containing one part water and one part vinegar and pour it on the stain. Sprinkle some baking soda on top - it will neutralize the odor. Next, prepare a solution of hydrogen peroxide and dish detergent. Spray a small amount on the carpet and use a brush to work it in. Let the solution dry completely and then vacuum.
The above are homemade solutions for getting rid of the bad urine smell from your carpets. You can also use special solutions that you can find in the pet store, which are assumed to have the same effect.
In the worst case scenario, you can call a cleaning company to help you get rid of both the stains and the odor. In case you believe it is too expensive, you also have the possibility of renting a water vacuum to try and solve the issue by yourself.
You will be happy when your new pet learns to use a litter box or go outside, but keep in mind that accidents can happen and you should always be prepared.
How to Find A Good Pet Urine Cleaner For Your House And How To Clean Effectively
The unexpected may happen and it is very possible that you will find a yellow spot on the floor or on your favorite carpet in the living room. The author of this will be your loving pet. And now what? How do you clean up the mess and how do you teach your pet to do this outside or in his special box?
First of all, you need a good urine cleaner that will eliminate the smell from your house. The smell of cat urine is the strongest, so you need a good product that can work well on any surface.
How do you choose the product?
First of all, cleaning products have their ingredients on the label. In order to get rid of the strong smell and, at the same time, clean the surface, you will need a product that contains tea tree oil. This is a type of antibacterial oil and it has a strong, pleasant smell, which will certainly clean the floor. For those surfaces that have to be washed well, such as carpets or other textiles, use tea tree oil in the washing machine or in the water that you use to wash them manually.
How do you clean urine from carpets or rugs?
1. Use paper towels to absorb as much liquid as you can. Remember to use rubber gloves on your hands and throw them away right after that.
2. Put some warm water on the spot and use paper towels again to soak up the remaining liquid, together with the water.
3. Use the cleaner and let is ?sit? on the spot for the prescribed time.
4. Again, paper towels are the solution. Absorb as much of that cleaner as you can, after the time passes, and try not to walk on it while it dries (you may have to let it dry a whole day, depending on the thickness of the carpet or rug).
How can I prepare my own solution at home?
The best ingredient is, as I have mentioned earlier, tea tree oil mixed with water. Put 10 drops of this oil into 200 ml of water. Another combination is white vinegar and water (half the quantity of vinegar). Baking soda is another great answer to cleaning urine spots from the carpets or rugs. Just cover the spot with baking soda and let it stay for a couple of hours, then clean it with a wet sponge. A stronger solution is one part hydrogen peroxide and two parts water. This has to be left on the spot for 10 minutes and then washed away with a wet sponge.
How can I prevent this?
The best solution is to teach your animal to use the special box or the outside area. And this has to be done while he is a baby. And if he is not a pup or a kitty anymore, you must be very patient with him. The training has to be done with a supervisor, not on your own. Ask for the advice of the veterinarian and call a trainer to help you.