Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society
63 Elm Street
salisbury, Massachusetts 01952
MRFRS was founded in 1992 in response to growth in the feral or homeless cat population along the Merrimack River in Newburyport. This growth resulted in widespread disease, malnutrition, and death in the feral cat population which endangered the health and well-being of Newburyport’s residential cat population. The MRFRS began a trap, neuter, and return (TNR) program for these cats in 1992 with feeding stations where the cats are fed twice a day. We now have programs in Essex County, Southern NH, Merrimack River Valley, Haverhill, and Lawrence.
We are a volunteer organization that maintains a no-kill adoption center with two adoption locations, Salisbury and PetsMart in Danvers. Our other major programs are:
* A sanctuary for special needs and feral cats in Danville, NH
* A feral trap, vaccinate, neuter, and release program
* A spay/neuter program for ferals
* A low cost spay/neuter certificate program
* A foster home program for healthy and special needs cats and kittens
* A barn program for feral relocation
We have placed 13,000 cats and kittens into homes, and have spayed or neutered over 6000 feral cats.
To see the adoptable pets for Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society click here
Return to list
Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society Location
Below is a map for Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society, please call for specific directions.
***Note: PO Boxes will not show correctly on the map below.