The Humane Society of Saline County was founded on June 19, 1975, and received its charter from the state of Arkansas in August of that year. The organization's objectives are:
* To provide a temporary refuge for stray, homeless and deserted animals and to place such animals in good homes wherever practical.
* To receive and care for suffering animals.
* To prevent all forms of cruelty to animals by every legitimate means.
* To carry humane education, in all possible ways, into schools and homes of Saline County.
* To return lost pets to their rightful owners upon reasonable proof of ownership within a reasonable period of time and upon payment of a reasonable fee, as established by the society's board of directors, with such fee to be based on costs of maintenance and care.
* To end suffering, in a humane manner, of any animals for which it is not possible to cure its infirmities. Decisions of this nature are made with the advice of a qualified Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
* To meet the moral obligations of disease control and population control through humane methods--spaying and neutering.
* To not allow anything in the management of the society to interfere with receiving the full support of all persons, regardless of race, religion or political persuasion.
The Humane Society of Saline County is a (501)(c)(3) non-profit organization. The shelter is open seven days a week, even on holidays, from 8am until 4pm. It is located at 7600 Highway 183 in Bauxite, Arkansas. You can reach the shelter by calling 501-557-5518. Please mail any correspondence or donations to P.O. Box 305, Benton, AR, 72018-0305.
To see the adoptable pets for Humane Society of Saline County click here
Return to list
Humane Society of Saline County Location
Below is a map for Humane Society of Saline County, please call for specific directions.
***Note: PO Boxes will not show correctly on the map below.