The Animal Control Division was established in 1935 when there was a Dog Warden, but in 1991 it was renamed Animal Control due to the arrival of the rabies virus which had been steadily moving up the East Coast.
The Animal Control Division enforces all state laws concerning animals, investigates roaming dogs, nuisance complaints, dog licensing, sick or injured animals, cruelty complaints, and rabies related complaints.
animal control hqIf you would like to report a lost dog or cat, please call the office at 203-254-4857, and we will log in our book the necessary information, but be sure to call back if your dog or cat comes home.
Fairfield Animal Control handles more than 600 dogs and cats annually. Although roughly 60% of the animals are returned to owners, the other 40% need homes.
Anyone wishing to redeem their dog should do so as soon as possible. Be sure to have proof of a dog license and rabies vaccination when you arrive.
Any dog impounded at the Fairfield Animal Shelter will be advertised in the lost and found section of the Connecticut Post. Eight (8) days from the advertisement date, the dog will go up for adoption.
Anyone wishing to adopt a dog or cat from the Fairfield Animal Shelter should fill out an application. If approved, the dog will be adopted to the first person at the door the morning the dog goes up for adoption.
To see the adoptable pets for Fairfield Animal Control click here
Return to list
Fairfield Animal Control Location
Below is a map for Fairfield Animal Control, please call for specific directions.
***Note: PO Boxes will not show correctly on the map below.