The Anglo Francais Grand Blank et Noir
The Anglo-Francais Grand Blank et Noir
The Dog That Will Teach You about Loyalty, Love and Friendship
Anglo-Francais Grand Blanc et Noir is a magnificent athlete that will keep you active as well. The English name is the Great Anglo-Francais, but this dog is of French origin. This is a beautiful breed resulting from English foxhounds crossed with French scent hounds.
How would you like the perfect hound to be like?
Any hound should be well-built and clever, and a fast runner. This dog has them all.
Even though this dog is quite solid, it has an elegance and class to it that you can easily see it fit for a king or a count. These dogs' appearance shows that they are distinguished, yet sturdy and powerful. They have long, muscular legs to help them run faster, drop ears that prove high hearing ability, and a long, strong tail.
The Anglo-Francais Grand Blanc et Noir can easily get to 30 kg and 60-70 cm in height. Their coat color is usually black and white, but it is not unusual to find tan markings, as well.
Great qualities for an exceptional hunting dog
No matter the weather or the hunting ground, this dog will always do his best. He is a passionate hunter and will not feel very comfortable as just a pet. He is subtle and elegant, but also tenacious, courageous and highly resistant.
It is essential for the owner to invest in the training of this dog. The owner must teach his dog the importance of being obedient. You need a lot of patience to do that, in order to learn how to exploit these dogs' qualities. You need to be firm, but to also let them know that you are proud of them and love them.
From time to time, the Anglo-Francais Grand needs to test his abilities, so you can let him chase a rabbit in the closed yard, without letting him hurt the rabbit, of course.
Essential things to know about the Anglo-Francais Grand Blanc et Noir
- This dog needs space. That is why you can not take proper care of one unless you have a large yard. He needs to constantly practice his abilities.
- In order to have a healthy dog, keep the food simple and nutritious. They love milk and bread.
- This dog can live around eight years. Although we are talking about a solid dog, his general state of well being needs to be checked periodically.
- Take proper care of him while hunting. There are dangers all over, like vipers or insects that could bite him or other aggressive animals.
- Check for parasites. Also check the ears and eyes on a regular basis, as they could give you a clue about the health of this dog.
If you decide to take care of a dog of this breed, there are a lot of other things you should learn about him. Even if he is an exceptional hunter, he will also be a loyal friend and companion. This is one of the reasons the Anglo-Francais Grand Blanc et Noir remains one of the most popular breeds in France.
Share this article on The Anglo Francais Grand Blank et Noir with friends.
If you enjoyed this article please take a look at our Pet Tips and Information Archive.