* To be considered, you MUST fill out an application. Any application that is incomplete or contains false information will be disqualified.
* Understand that an Animal Control Officer, by state law (State statute 22-232), is given the authority to adopt to whomever he or she sees fit.
* Renters: Need a NOTARIZED STATEMENT from your landlord, which clearly states that you are allowed to have a pet at your residence. The statement must bear the Notary Seal in order to be valid. You may also bring a copy of your lease as long as it also clearly states you may have a pet where you reside.
* Homeowners: Need to show proof they own their home (i.e. tax bill, mortgage statement, title…). If you are living with your parents or other family members that own the house, they must accompany you to the shelter and bring their tax bill, mortgage statement or title of the residence in question.
* Applicants may call the day before the available date of the animal applied for to check the status of such dog/cat.
To see the adoptable pets for Bridgeport Animal Shelter click here
Return to list
Bridgeport Animal Shelter Location
Below is a map for Bridgeport Animal Shelter, please call for specific directions.
***Note: PO Boxes will not show correctly on the map below.